HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER
Durban | Closing Date: 18 February 2021
A leading signage manufacturing company is looking for an experienced Health and Safety Officer for their KZN branch. The incumbent`s responsibilities implementing and maintaining government and industry health and safety regulations within the Company.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct safety, health and environment risk assessments and audits
- Implementation and maintenance of the companies Health and Safety policies and processes
- Identifying health and safety related training requirements and coordinating training for operational teams together with HR & Training Officer
- Reporting on SHE statistics and identifying business improvement areas
- Implement relevant HSE activities and programs to promote a safe work culture
Experience and qualifications
- Relevant SAMTRAC, NOSA or NEBOSH safety qualifications
- Experience in safety officer or safety management position
- Computer literacy
- Attention to detail and accuracy, good administration skills
- Ability to take ownership of reports and specific initiatives and projects
- Capable of working under pressure and completing tasks within set time frames
- Ability to analyze safety information and to provide recommendations including sound reasoning and motivations, cost analysis, benefits and scenario planning.
Please note post is for our KZN branch. If you meet the criteria and wish to apply, please email your updated CV by 18 February 2021. Please note shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not here from us in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.